Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010

I just saw a sort of documentation on my favorite and one of the only two channels I'm watching 'ARTE' . Its name was 'I buy/(I'm buying?),therefore I am'. It was about world-wide disparities and how much we consume and that if everybody on this world would be consuming as much as an north American we would need a five times bigger planet and how much plastic and trash there is and that noone knows where to put it and some of the commentators said that in their opinion the apocalypse has already begun.I thought about thrifting and that it might be very good for the environment.No little,poor children in Bangladesh are sewing my H&M-clothes and no CO2-emissions because there's no plane that brings the clothes to Bangladesh and back to Germany(or wherever else). I know-if we don't buy our clothes there the children and families don't even get this small amount of money they're getting because they have this poor work but we can't keep on doing this.We can not go on repressing poor countries.Other ways need to be found.I don't see the problem.There is an overabundance of food and many other things in the industrial countries while people from the less and least developed countries are starving.I will try my best and avoid buying new clothes from now on.So you need to excuse me buying this H&m dress and sort of bra today...before I saw this film !! Some things you don't get at the flea market but I'll be going again tomorrow.I found two bras without straps for just 5 bucks and I was always looking for this kind of a bra and they even fit! Couldn't believe my luck.
A goodnight to everyone !

3 Kommentare:

  1. You are totally right! And some of the things we buy we just keep until the trend is over and then we discard, how many trees are killed? how many waste products and chemicals that harmed the bodies of those who work around those chemicals? and what for? a skirt that we will only wear for a year? How much plastic? It makes my head spin, not that I believe that saving the world is in our hands, but if our God created such a beautiful place then we should take care of it, and also take care of the people, the children that like you said are being exploited so that we can wear something for a short time. I totally agree with you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your blog is looking good, keep playing around with it and you'll soon be able to add links and pictures around it =D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. No,you are right,it's not in our hands and I have to say if I and a few others are the only ones to avoid plastic or new, cheap clothes and buy our food from local farms we are not very powerful but if we keep on talking about this other people might start doing the same.It's a slow process,unfortunately.And I'm not always doing the right thing simply because of lack of money.My family buys food at cheap supermarkets and I can't afford buying my own food from farms or so.We could try doing our best at least.
    Now it's an even better feeling to go thrifting, sometimes it might look old-fashioned but in reality it's just the opposite-a new way of thinking that saves the environment.
    I am glad you agree and I'm still fascinated by your modesty (:
    And: I have no idea how to add links and pictures simply because I don't have much time but when my mother will be back at home I will have more time and try out more.Your background behind your blogtitle 'Modesty Is Pretty' looks soo nice by the way!
    I hope you'll be having a great week (:

    AntwortenLöschen