Dienstag, 20. Juli 2010


Today was a dark day.
Since days I feel sick and today has been the worst.For the first time since quite a lot of days I could see my mother.She is in intensive care.She is in an artificial coma since days.There are wires all around her and she doesn't breath on her own.It was the worst and most gruesome thing I've ever seen to see her lying there so helplessly,asleep,having a wire that gets into her body and to see how mechanically her breast went up and down.Her lips were purple and swollen.How helpless she looked.It was unbearable to me.
I wonder what one thinks or dreams of if he/she's in a coma.I wonder if she will remember us holding her hand or what we said to her.I was so happy to feel her body being warm.I didn't expect that as she doesn't breath on her own.But yes,her heart beats on his own of course,so she should be warm.
The intensive care station was like hell.There are only 12 beds and in every room there were people between heaven and earth.I've had that picture on my mind.The souls of everyone there in a white,cloudy space and they just have to chose which door to take.
Oh,diseases and everything that has to do with it are so mean!I could never handle it.
I wonder if any of you have experiences with artificial comas and how the patients react when they wake up?
This post is not like 'fishing for pity' but I had to write it down somewhere and maybe hear what experiences you've had.
May all of you and your families be healthy and jolly.

Goodnight.

2 Kommentare:

  1. No, not pity! But you need reassurance and support sweetheart...I just don't know what to say because I have never been in that situation or had anyone been in a coma, however I know for sure that God is going with you through everything, you are not alone, I will keep you in my prayers and I hope that your mother gets better soon and that God gives you the strength to go through this. God bless you and you are in my prayers. Hugs from me.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'll definitely be praying for your mother. That is not fun at all. I've only really seen someone in a coma from movies, and almost everytime, I hear that they can actually remember what you say around them. Keep talking of hope and how much you love your mom when you're around her. It must be hard to go through this, but you're right... it is a door to choose between heaven and hell. You must do it before you die, though. We all have that choice, and you can choose by living your life in a way that either contradicts or is in line with the bible.

    Let me know if you need to talk!

    Love always, Rachel

    AntwortenLöschen