Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2010

Hejjj,
I am back from London(well,since Monday actually but because of a bad cough I got from the ventilator I felt like writing and photographing today for the first time since then).
While writing the words 'bad' and 'cough' I remembered this song and I'd like to share it with you:


Well,where to start.
London is big,ohh so big and fast and loud.Personally I think,to patronize my oh so sacrosanct rule of slowness,that when you're going through the streets of London(or any other big city,or...any city at all) you should listen to calm music and walk slow and take photos and explore.You ought to go against the fastness.I have been there with a friend and she was running,running all the time and I had no time to think.That's why I barely remember details and there were no special,magical moments.I wish I'd been on my own.There was no time to read,to listen to music(I even created a new playlist with songs that were supposed to remind me of London later) or to take photos except for one night when we sat down at the Piccadilly Circus.
I only found two dresses,a bikini top and two tights.(My friend followed me everywhere,e-ve-ry-where when we were in a shop or at one of the 6 markets we visited.And let me tell you I can't stand it.When I looked at a dress in the 'Absolut Vintage' shop we visited she laughed but I actually liked it but then I didn't dare to pick it because I couldn't stand her looks.This happened several times.)
Thus,it's all been a bit disappointing and then I've had this bad cough and I thought it were my tonsils and I was crying all day yesterday,partly because of the pain but mostly for no specific reason.It was such a gruesome day-
But I am so happy to be back.
I also found two belts and a polaroid camera(now I found out that the films for those cameras are exorbitant).
I stole my mama's trench coat and wore one of the new dresses for flea market.You can see the Polaroid as well.And I'm wearing my beloved 'LOVE THE PLANET' bag from Dublin which me and my best friend bought there.
This is the new belt from today and one of the dresses from London.
The other London dress.I avoided the typical floral prints as every single body was wearing them in London.I also have to say I barely saw people wearing inspiring things.Most of them wore high heels which mostly doesn't look very modest or their faces were not friendly or other things.


Well,now I'm off buying film for my new camera and then I'm forced to see the German Worldcup match tonight.Ohhh how thrilling...not.
How good to be back and see all the pretty outfits you wore and things you've experienced.
Adieu !

6 Kommentare:

  1. Well I'm glad you are back,hope you feel better soon! I feel you on your friend following you everywhere! It really bugs me too, in fact that's the reason I like to shop alone and not with anyone else, because usually they will say comments like that and like you I tend to feel bad so I don't get the things I want because so and so didn't like them, I feel sort of embarrassed and shy. The other thing that happens is that the friend keeps asking whether you like their outfits and wants you to stand outside her fitting room to see her try on every single thing, UGH! That is so annoying! So my dear my advice is to shop alone and buy what you like. I love the dresses you got, that polka dress is so cute! And the lace one oh I just dream of lace all day. =D Drink some warm tea and I really do hope that you feel better.
    Oh the belt is so cute with the dangling little heart, what a great find and to be able to look at your crush while you shop? Awesome! =D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. yes,that's just THE reason to get up that early every wednesday and saturday! Not that I'm...you know..conspicuous (;

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Haha... forced to watch the World Cup?! I don't watch it either nor other sports on TV, maybe except the Olympics, tennis, and volleyball... perhaps swimming, which are my favorite sports. So, I guess I watch sports, but only what interests me. No, no, no to football, which we Americans are supposed to go crazy about!

    I love your second dress so much! The collar shape is amazing. With the red belt and shoes, they match so perfectly! Nice new nautical belt, too!

    Nice to hear about your stories. Welcome back! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thats so sad about the dress. :(
    I really would love to visit London some day.
    Thank you so much for that sweet comment on my blog:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I abusolutely hate clothes shopping with people! My little sister stays right behind me constantly...drives me nuts!

    I love that She & Him song, "Why Don't You Let me Stay Here". Absolutely fantastic! You've got good taste in music. :)

    AntwortenLöschen